Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gomer584

I need to correct a rejected IL state return and it is showing that I did not file any return even though I received an accepted return from Federal?

I need to correct a rejected IL state return and it is showing that I did not file any return even though I received an accepted return from Federal?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MicheleR

From the notice you sent as an attachment, it is just saying your state was rejected and let us help you to correct it to e-filed, meaning re-submit it again.

It is possible to receive an "Accepted" from the federal and a rejection from the state. Your federal is submitted to the IRS and your state is submitted to your State's Department of Revenue. Your state could have requirements to e-file that are not required on the federal side.

For an update on your E-FIle Status Check Your E-File Status Here

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MicheleR

From the notice you sent as an attachment, it is just saying your state was rejected and let us help you to correct it to e-filed, meaning re-submit it again.

It is possible to receive an "Accepted" from the federal and a rejection from the state. Your federal is submitted to the IRS and your state is submitted to your State's Department of Revenue. Your state could have requirements to e-file that are not required on the federal side.

For an update on your E-FIle Status Check Your E-File Status Here

gomer584

My problem is that it shows that I have not filed when I have?  I don't want to refile, I want to correct the error.
MicheleR

When you correct the error you will need to resubmit your e-file because when it is rejected, the e-file is not completed. See this link, how to correct a rejected return: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302275">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302275</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies