gomer584

I need to correct a rejected IL state return and it is showing that I did not file any return even though I received an accepted return from Federal?

MicheleR

From the notice you sent as an attachment, it is just saying your state was rejected and let us help you to correct it to e-filed, meaning re-submit it again.

It is possible to receive an "Accepted" from the federal and a rejection from the state. Your federal is submitted to the IRS and your state is submitted to your State's Department of Revenue. Your state could have requirements to e-file that are not required on the federal side.

For an update on your E-FIle Status Check Your E-File Status Here

MicheleR

gomer584

My problem is that it shows that I have not filed when I have?  I don't want to refile, I want to correct the error.
MicheleR

When you correct the error you will need to resubmit your e-file because when it is rejected, the e-file is not completed. See this link, how to correct a rejected return: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302275">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302275</a>

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing