Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kwolff12

I need advisory from a TurboTax sales rep before I finalize my decision to purchase. I am a retired CPA. I need to understand if I can prepare multiple tax returns.

Want to prepare 5 tax returns for parents and children and brother and sister. Will I be able to maintain separate account and file information?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need advisory from a TurboTax sales rep before I finalize my decision to purchase. I am a retired CPA. I need to understand if I can prepare multiple tax returns.

5 Replies

Any of the desktop versions will work:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/desktop/

kwolff12

Thanks. Looks like I can prepare 5 returns limit for e-file...and 1 state. Presumably, I could still prepare additional returns, but they wouldn't qualify for e-filing?

Yes, you can prepare more than 5 and then paper-file them.

If you were a CPA that did tax preparation, you may want to try "Forms" Mode (upper right hand corner), ESPECIALLY if you had previously used ProSeries.

My return has been prepared on Turbotax, e-filed, and accepted.  Now i want to prepare my sister's return.  AHow do I go about it? Do I open another account with a new user name?  Do I use my e-mail address for this new a/c?

Only the Desktop program that you install on your computer can do multiple returns.  For the Online version it is one return per account.

Online is only good for 1 return.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574 

You will have to pay any fees again for Online.  Do not use your account or you will overwrite your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies