saymarie10

I moved in with my mom. The lady she rents too has children whom she will claim. As I live with my mom now I also have kids. How will I be able to claim with without it affecting her?

pk

@saymarie10 , could you please clarify the  situation -- what I get from your post is that 

(a) your mother has a home;  (b) she rents the house from another woman whom has children;  (c) your mother intends to claim the children of this landlady as her dependent;  (d) you have moved  in with your mother;  (e) you have children of your own ;  (f) can you claim your children  without impacting your mother's  tax situation

Please clarify / correct my understanding and I will come back and close the loop with you 

DianeC958

If you are filing your own tax return you just claim your children on your tax return and it has no effect on your mother's return.

Click on this link for more information about Rules for Claiming a Dependent