vajurys

I missed my opportunity to enter my state estimated taxes paid for 2016. I've attempted to follow the instructions required to get me back to where I need to be. Help

nyinyeb

Estimated state taxes paid in 2016 are entered in the Federal Taxes section. They will flow through to your state return.

You can enter the estimated state taxes you paid by following these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your tax return and click on Federal Taxes, then Deductions & Credits
  • Under All Tax breaks, locate the section named Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click Show more
  • Click on Start next to Estimates
  • On the next page, click Start next to State estimated taxes for 2016

OR

• Use the search box in the upper right hand corner of your screen, type in "estimated taxes paid" and press enter.
  • This cause the "Jump to estimated taxes paid" link to come up. Click that link.

• About Community