Solved: I'm trying to file off my last check stubb. I put the name of my employer. Do I have to have the employer tax ID number and state ID number ? To complete my taxes

vbell2016

I'm trying to file off my last check stubb. I put the name of my employer. Do I have to have the employer tax ID number and state ID number ? To complete my taxes

Do I have to have the employers tax ID number and state tax ID number to file

Do not try and file your tax return using your last paystub.  The IRS does NOT have your last paystub, they have the W-2 that was provided by your employer and will, in most cases, not match what is shown on the paystub.

Wait for the W-2.  Employer have until January 31 to provide a W-2.  The IRS will not be accepting any 2016 tax return until January 23.

See this TurboTax support FAQ about last paystubs - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899643-can-i-use-my-last-paystub-if-i-don-t-have-my-w-2-yet