Solved: I'm trying to file off my last check stubb. I put the name of my employer. Do I have to have the employer tax ID number and state ID number ? To complete my taxes

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to file off my last check stubb. I put the name of my employer. Do I have to have the employer tax ID number and state ID number ? To complete my taxes

Do I have to have the employers tax ID number and state tax ID number to file
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I'm trying to file off my last check stubb. I put the name of my employer. Do I have to have the employer tax ID number and state ID number ? To complete my taxes

Do not try and file your tax return using your last paystub.  The IRS does NOT have your last paystub, they have the W-2 that was provided by your employer and will, in most cases, not match what is shown on the paystub.

Wait for the W-2.  Employer have until January 31 to provide a W-2.  The IRS will not be accepting any 2016 tax return until January 23.

See this TurboTax support FAQ about last paystubs - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899643-can-i-use-my-last-paystub-if-i-don-t-have-my-w-2-yet

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Do not try and file your tax return using your last paystub.  The IRS does NOT have your last paystub, they have the W-2 that was provided by your employer and will, in most cases, not match what is shown on the paystub.

Wait for the W-2.  Employer have until January 31 to provide a W-2.  The IRS will not be accepting any 2016 tax return until January 23.

See this TurboTax support FAQ about last paystubs - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899643-can-i-use-my-last-paystub-if-i-don-t-have-my-w-2-yet

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings