Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm having an odd pop-up on all My TurboTax Forms

Any idea what's causing this?  It happens with all pull-down menus on all forms.  2023 TurboTax for Windows.  I've been using it for many months and it just started this behavior.  I have restarted my PC, checked updates etc.  I can work around it but its annoying.  Thanks all. 

TurboTax Capture.JPG

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@JohnASmith 

Yeah, that came in with the recent Desktop software update...and only in Forms Mode.

Not sure if it's just for Windows versions, or MACs too (probably not for MACs....)

The rt-click on the field still brings up the correct menu.

See a previous discussion here:

Forms View Problem Showing Drop Down List After Update (intuit.com)

I suspect it will be eliminated in next week's software update (Update on Friday).....or they may discover the correct update file to post to us all before then...but don't know for sure.

In the meantime, I'm not going to touch my "real" already-filed tax file...just in case there is something else in that update that messes u my "real" tax file.

I hope one of the Champs has reported this to a moderator to get on the software team's case about this screwup.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@JohnASmith 

Yeah, that came in with the recent Desktop software update...and only in Forms Mode.

Not sure if it's just for Windows versions, or MACs too (probably not for MACs....)

The rt-click on the field still brings up the correct menu.

See a previous discussion here:

Forms View Problem Showing Drop Down List After Update (intuit.com)

I suspect it will be eliminated in next week's software update (Update on Friday).....or they may discover the correct update file to post to us all before then...but don't know for sure.

In the meantime, I'm not going to touch my "real" already-filed tax file...just in case there is something else in that update that messes u my "real" tax file.

I hope one of the Champs has reported this to a moderator to get on the software team's case about this screwup.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you, I will patiently wait for an update. 

Well.....lookss like the weekly overnight software update (20-21 June)  didn't fix that weird green pop-up menu.

Maybe some (undetermined) future update will.

Apparently, no one in the software team is paying attention......or whomever is in charge, went on vacation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies