turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

REJ002. TurboTax isn't being clear about what's wrong. Just says Internal Reject. Why the F is it being rejected?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

28 Replies

REJ002. TurboTax isn't being clear about what's wrong. Just says Internal Reject. Why the F is it being rejected?

That is an internal reject that usually means that you submitted something before the system is ready for it.    What are you trying to file?  Some states are not ready yet.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I'm e-filing my state and federal returns for 2018. Michigan opens when the IRS does, which is today. Why won't these turds be more specific about my error? How gd hard is it to say "error: not accepting returns yet" or something? This is the most useless gd error code ever.

MI should be ready.  Did the Federal accept?   Possible system overload because of all the people trying to file today. - Just a guess.  I would just wait a day or two.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Not an acceptable excuse. This crap is almost entirely automated. Put the damn returns in a queue and get to them when they get to them. I don't care when, I just want to wash my hands of the responsibility of filing over and god damn over again.

@macuser_22   See Lounge.  It may be due to an IRS update re: self-employment (perhaps QBI)?.  Since Online TurboTax updates in the background, there may not be anything for Online users to actually do, except check the box, it may say "done", then resubmit the efile and see if it works.

I am not excusing - just a guess.  I am just a user like you. This is a user-to-user discussion forum not TurboTax support.

You can contact support this way but I would imagine they are very busy today and for the next few days.

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>

@randall814 - Are you using the CD/download desktop software on your computer?
If so then quit TurboTax and re-launch to check for updates.   There may be a new one.

Sorry for my seemingly misdirected anger. Thank you for helping.

There have been several report of this error from the self-employed version - it might have something to do with the QBI credit that is in the process of being implemented.    I would try again tomorrow.

I got  the same thing REJ002 - Internal Reject. but it doesn’t tell me what to fix

You cannot - it is internal to TurboTax - they have to fix it.

Should I use another product other than Turbo Tax?

This just started an hour ago or so.  It is some sort of internal problem.   Perhaps a bug in an update.   

There may be not any instructions for you if it has already been fixed since TurboTax Online auto-updates.   That REJ002 is a generic message for any issue that asks filers to return to the TurboTax program, and then once in the program it is supposed to say how to fix whatever issue.   If your issue has already been fixed, there may not be instructions--but we don't know if that is what is happening or not.   We hope to get some clarification from TurboTax moderators, but it may not be tonight.   Check back in this thread tomorrow and see if there is any new word.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies