Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DMVantastic
Returning Member

I'm completing our [extemded] tax returns. TurboTax won't let me enter bank info for the state return. (It's got to be verified.) Has anyone else had this problem?

Prompt is: Enter account information again.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I'm completing our [extemded] tax returns. TurboTax won't let me enter bank info for the state return. (It's got to be verified.) Has anyone else had this problem?

It's not clear exactly what you mean by "won't let me," or at exactly what point you have a problem. It always makes you enter the bank information twice, on two different screens, as a protection against typos or other entry errors. The screen that says "Enter account information again" is just telling you to enter it the second time.

DMVantastic
Returning Member

The response boxes, both for routing number and account number, won't accept any digits. That did not happen with the federal return.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You are going to have to call TurboTax support for help with this problem. They won't be open today, July 4.

The problem might be specific to the particular state.

Are you getting a state refund or have a tax due?  Some states don’t let you pay a tax due by Direct Debit and you have to mail a check or pay on the state’s website.

DMVantastic
Returning Member

Refund.

One thing you can try before calling support is to clear your cache.  Are you using the Online version?

Try clearing your cache and cookies. And reboot your device. Then log in again
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/clear-cache/... 

Also I found this link.   Try deleting the cookies, you can also attempt using a different browser other than Chrome or Edge and see if the issue still persists. How to delete cookies
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/data-systems/delete-cookies/L009gaGqG_US...

DMVantastic
Returning Member

It didn't work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies