turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm an independent contractor for company that pays me through Paypal. I received cashback to same Paypal from Ebates & sold items on ebay, Paypal sent me one 1099-k?

I also sold a couple video old video games too which is also included in the 1099-k. Paypal has never sent me a 1099-k before. Am I supposed to pay taxes on the cashback and three used video games I sold on ebay?

(I always received a 1099-misc from the company but they didn't send this year because Paypal sent the 1099-k)

Edit: I'm in MA and saw there is a new law that my state requires a 1099-k now but still unsure about the cashback and ebay sales

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

I'm an independent contractor for company that pays me through Paypal. I received cashback to same Paypal from Ebates & sold items on ebay, Paypal sent me one 1099-k?

Although Form 1099-K reports transactions through a third-party payment processor to you, the information is not sent to the IRS.

Report your self-employment income on Schedule C using your own income records. The sale of personal property on a small scale is not taxable income. Neither are rebates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies