Solved: I'm a US citizen working in Denmark with no expenses in US.I'm getting an error for the federal return: All the lines of Form 1040 have a zero value.What should I do?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a US citizen working in Denmark with no expenses in US.I'm getting an error for the federal return: All the lines of Form 1040 have a zero value.What should I do?

When I click on "Fix federal return" is loops me back to "not eligible for electronic filing" page and I just can't continue. It's a vicious cycle.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I'm a US citizen working in Denmark with no expenses in US.I'm getting an error for the federal return: All the lines of Form 1040 have a zero value.What should I do?

If you have excluded all of your Foreign Earned Income, then there is no taxable income on your tax return so that it cannot be e-filed.

You can add $1 of interest income so that the return can be e-filed.  For the Received from box enter any name.  In box 1 enter $1 and continue.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

If you have excluded all of your Foreign Earned Income, then there is no taxable income on your tax return so that it cannot be e-filed.

You can add $1 of interest income so that the return can be e-filed.  For the Received from box enter any name.  In box 1 enter $1 and continue.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings