katrinarodriguez

I'm a first time filer i read many horror stories i was approved1/17 1/23bars gone no error code say still processing ddd when available.Wavailable.When will i recieve?

mesquitebean

If the WMR tool says your return is "still processing" after all this time, you should phone the IRS to see what the problem is.  I'll tell you how to reach a live agent below.   If you don't get info or results from the IRS, I'm also posting how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.  They may be willing to help you, especially if you have a hardship.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you don't get good info or results from the IRS, you could consider contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area. 

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html