turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

c326319c

I lived in USA until on March 2017. And i was back to my home country. So i'd like to change my personal info to get the cheque to my country. but i don't know how...

As i mentioned, i lived in USA until on March 2017.

Now, i'm in my home country.

So i'd like to get the cheque to my own country.

I'd like to change the address of my personal info.

But i don't know how to do it.

I'm in progress of the tax refund.

should i select foreign  or U.S possession of State of residence (on December 31, 2017)?

And then select the previous state of residence where i've lived until on March?

It's so difficult....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I lived in USA until on March 2017. And i was back to my home country. So i'd like to change my personal info to get the cheque to my country. but i don't know how...

You're almost there.  Select Foreign or US Possession.  Then select the US state you lived in until March 2017.  Then enter the date you moved back to your home country.  Answer the remaining questions and select Continue.  

Next, in the My Info section, use your current mailing address in the Personal Info Summary.  For the Type of Mailing Address, you'll need to select the option for Foreign Country so the entries can accommodate the formatting of your foreign address.

If your US resident state has an income tax, you may be required to file a state tax return, for the three months you resided in that state.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You're almost there.  Select Foreign or US Possession.  Then select the US state you lived in until March 2017.  Then enter the date you moved back to your home country.  Answer the remaining questions and select Continue.  

Next, in the My Info section, use your current mailing address in the Personal Info Summary.  For the Type of Mailing Address, you'll need to select the option for Foreign Country so the entries can accommodate the formatting of your foreign address.

If your US resident state has an income tax, you may be required to file a state tax return, for the three months you resided in that state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies