Solved: I live in the Washington State, and when I went to the e-file process, TurboTax would not accept a valid Washington driver's license number that contains asterisks.

I live in the Washington State, and when I went to the e-file process, TurboTax would not accept a valid Washington driver's license number that contains asterisks.

Bad apple on you, TurboTax!

You can leave that blank.  We're aware of an issue where the "Additional ID verification" screen that asks for driver's license or state ID information, does not allow the asterisk (*).  To avoid this issue and file your return, leave the drivers license/state ID information blank. This information is not required for filing.