madsgirl0210

I live in Michigan and started a business that will sell art to customers. I have to charge state tax. Should I get a state tax license if my business sales are very low?

I usually file my business expenses under my SSN and I am not sure if I really need the license. Selling my art is new as of this year. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PatriciaV

Check with your State sales tax department to see what the laws are in your location. Some states have a minimum for sales before you need to have a license and/or file a sales tax return. There is no real downside to having a tax certificate, other than the need to file regular reports (most are now online).

PatriciaV