Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

enha_txt

I keep getting emails saying to file my taxes but I used a different company this time. How do I get rid of these emails?

It says that it’s overdue but I decided not to use them.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I keep getting emails saying to file my taxes but I used a different company this time. How do I get rid of these emails?

Unsubscribe from TT emails

https://data-privacy.app.intuit.com/preferences

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
enha_txt

But will that stop them from trying to say I didn’t pay my taxes?

@enha_txt Who cares?   TurboTax never knows if you have paid your tax due, even if you use TT to prepare and file your tax return.    Those emails are not going to the IRS.  They are being sent to you--and only you---from the marketing department.   Nothing is going to happen to you in regard to the IRS as a result of TT sending you marketing emails.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
enha_txt

Thank you.

If you are still worried---unnecessarily-- that you need proof that you paid your tax due----no matter what software you used or how you filed---your proof that you paid your tax due will be your own bank or credit card records, showing that you paid.

You can also look at your IRS online account and see that the IRS is showing that you paid.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies