Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just paid 50$ to print out my 2017 tax return. NOW its asking me to pay before i download which I DID ALREADY can someone please help me figure this out. PLEASE SOS

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just paid 50$ to print out my 2017 tax return. NOW its asking me to pay before i download which I DID ALREADY can someone please help me figure this out. PLEASE SOS

Your purchase of the 2018 desktop software does qualify to unlock the 2017 return, but since it is a different platform, it won't unlock it automatically.  You'll need to phone TurboTax Support during business hours, let them know of your purchase, and ask them to unlock the 2017 return.

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

View solution in original post

7 Replies

How and where did you pay $50?     Normally the way to unlock a 2017 return would be to pay in advance for a 2018 return in the same account with credit/debit card.   What did you do?

Live Basic (which you appear to be using) is 79.99 for a Federal return, so I'm not sure where and how you paid $50.

I paid 49.99 turbo tax basic tax year 2018 win download. If this was not needed for me to get a copy of my 2017 returns then how do I get a refund !?

Oh, that's different.  That's information  you didn't provide, and it says online "Live Basic" next to your username above.  Watch for my answer below on what to do.   Your desktop purchase does qualify.

So are you planning to prepare your return in desktop Basic instead of online TurboTax?   You may already know this, but the desktop Basic program can only prepare a Federal return.  It does not include a state program.   A state program in desktop Basic is an extra $44.99.   

I have no clue. All I want is download my 2017 tax return that I filed with turbo tax. I also want to get refunded for the 49.99 I paid that wasn’t for what it is asking me for.

Discuss everything with TurboTax Support by the method I provided below.

Your purchase of the 2018 desktop software does qualify to unlock the 2017 return, but since it is a different platform, it won't unlock it automatically.  You'll need to phone TurboTax Support during business hours, let them know of your purchase, and ask them to unlock the 2017 return.

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies