Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just filed my taxes and I filed head of household and forgot to change my address and my mom file head of household at the same address how do I change my address

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just filed my taxes and I filed head of household and forgot to change my address and my mom file head of household at the same address how do I change my address

The address on your tax return is where you want to get IRS mail, not necessarily where you live.

If your return is rejected, you can fix it before you re-send.

If your return is accepted, wait for your refund to be paid.  If it is, then don't worry about it any further.  You can file a separate change of address form if you want. https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8822

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The address on your tax return is where you want to get IRS mail, not necessarily where you live.

If your return is rejected, you can fix it before you re-send.

If your return is accepted, wait for your refund to be paid.  If it is, then don't worry about it any further.  You can file a separate change of address form if you want. https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8822

So it won’t hurt if both of us file head of household at the same address

Not automatically.  If the IRS does send a letter, you should have a plan for how you will explain.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies