Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mimigr10

I have to fax IRS my form 8822 to change my address. What is the number i should fax my form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
CathiM

I have to fax IRS my form 8822 to change my address. What is the number i should fax my form?

The IRS does not give a fax number for Form 8822.  You will have to mail it.  The mailing address depends on your old address.  See the chart in the 8822 instructions attached here.

Some IRS forms give a fax number either on the form or in the instructions.  Most IRS forms do not have fax numbers available and must be mailed.

mimigr10

I just called IRS and they told me that i have to fax it.
CathiM

They didn't give you a fax number?  I do fax certain documents to the IRS but the fax number is always easily available on the form or instructions.  I will look further.
mimigr10

Okay. Thanks alot. I will wait for your response.
CathiM

The IRS does accept mail in Forms 8822. I am very surprised the IRS did not give you the fax number if there was one available. All the IRS websites for sending in forms by fax is a dead end for Form 8822 <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/where-to-send-non-return-forms-applica...>. I am not able to locate a fax number at this time for you.

So do I give them my most resent address,cause I just got accepted in a cmha apartment
CathiM

Yes, because the IRS will use this address to mail things to you. Like they will send a confirmation letter about the address change.
podbarron

If I need to change my address and do my previous taxes. Should I send it all together?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The IRS instructions say not to mail the form with your tax return. The IRS will update your address with your latest tax return. Be sure to use the best address to reach you when you file a return, regardless of the year and where you actually lived.  Form 8822 - Internal Revenue Service  instructions.

@podbarron

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

Form 8822, Change of Address, is filed by mail. If you have not been instructed by the IRS to fax the form, you should mail it to the address listed on page 2. 

You can find Form 8822 and instructions (on page 2) here. 

@Jap52

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Gracekiss

My name is grace

I don't receive the stimulus check you sending this on the wrong account 

Change from xxremovedxx. To xxremovedxx

Form 8822, Change of Address, is filed by mail. If you have not been instructed by the IRS to fax the form, you should mail it to the address listed on page 2. 

You can find Form 8822 and instructions (on page 2) here. 

I didn’t recibe my taxt refund 2019 even the 2nd and the 3er stimulus where is my money??? What I can do ??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies