Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bterrier
Returning Member

I imported a capital gains txf file from Quicken 2011 to TurboTax premier. TT shows YES to "Needs Info?" but no help on what or where to change. I'm stumped!

I imported a capital gains .txf file from Quicken 2011 to TurboTax 2016 premier. On the resulting screen titled "Here's the investment sales info we have so far" TT shows YES to "Needs Info?" but no clue on what or where to change.  I can edit the individual transactions, but they appear to be accurate and complete, correctly reflecting the data from Quicken.  My concern is that TT won't let me complete the return as long as the "Needs Info" question is answered YES, even though the entries appear to be accurate and complete.  (I have done this same thing for years with no problem.) Any advice? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

I imported a capital gains txf file from Quicken 2011 to TurboTax premier. TT shows YES to "Needs Info?" but no help on what or where to change. I'm stumped!

Yes, if you are using TurboTax Desktop, you may access the actual forms to see if there is an error you can fix. (Forms Mode is available only in the CD/Download version of TurboTax.)

Here's how to switch to Forms Mode:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3339204

On the left column, look for form names with a red exclamation mark (!) - this means the form needs attention. If you click the Errors Icon above the list, a full description of any errors will appear below the form you have open. Click the form name to bring it into the viewing window.

On the form, look for fields in pink. These indicate missing information. Note that green numbers are imported from Quicken. Blue numbers are user input. The other colors are for calculated numbers or values brought over from a prior return. (See What's the meaning of all the different colors in Forms Mode?)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you are using TurboTax Desktop, you may access the actual forms to see if there is an error you can fix. (Forms Mode is available only in the CD/Download version of TurboTax.)

Here's how to switch to Forms Mode:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3339204

On the left column, look for form names with a red exclamation mark (!) - this means the form needs attention. If you click the Errors Icon above the list, a full description of any errors will appear below the form you have open. Click the form name to bring it into the viewing window.

On the form, look for fields in pink. These indicate missing information. Note that green numbers are imported from Quicken. Blue numbers are user input. The other colors are for calculated numbers or values brought over from a prior return. (See What's the meaning of all the different colors in Forms Mode?)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies