Solved: I have two w-2 forms from the same company but different amounts of income on each. Should i file both?

biser27

I have two w-2 forms from the same company but different amounts of income on each. Should i file both?

AnnetteB

To be safe, you should contact your employer to find out why you received two W-2s from them.

Sometimes there is a reason for that to happen, such as when the company goes through a payroll company change or something similar that will require two separate W-2s.

You should also take a look at both of the W-2s to be sure that one of them is not a corrected W-2.  There is a check-box on the form to indicate that it is corrected.  If that is the case, the corrected W-2 is the one you should enter.

AnnetteB