Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have two turbo tax license and installed on two different computers.

Installed 2 different licensed turbo tax desk top software on 2 different PCs.  
PC1 download state NY and PC2 downloaded state MA.  Saved tax file PC1abc.tax2023 from PC1 onto a USB stick and let PC2  read PC1abc.tax2023 from the USB stick and got an error: Your federal return is now on this computer. Let's get your New York state form next.  Error: 190.  Even though PC1XYZ.tax2023 has no NY information.  There are other tax returns on PC1 need to file NY tax but not PC1XYZ.tax2023.  
Has anyone encountered this problem and has a solution?  Should not have to re-enter all the information again like doing a brand new return!
Is this a new restriction with 2023 Turbo tax software? Did not have such problem with prior years' turbo tax software.  
I did have to re- type all the income information on PC2 before see the MA number. On PC2, it did not ask me to login to an intuit account.  Will that affect anything? 

Thank you very much!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I have two turbo tax license and installed on two different computers.

Why did you go through such convolutions?   All you needed to do was install/download ONE copy of the CD/download and then add the extra state software so that you could use the software for federal returns and whichever state was required for the return you were preparing.  You had no need to purchase two "licenses" for two states.   You can download the software with its included state program and purchase a second state download to use with it for about $45 for the additional state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies