I have no cash right now to pay the fed/state taxe...

I have no cash right now to pay the fed/state taxes I owe. Is there any way to get an extension on the cash I owe? Or the only extensions available are filing extensions?

I'm just very unclear, and I don't find the existing turbotax answers clear at all.  The form 4868 seems like only a "filing" extension, and I don't really see how that's beneficial really, if you have your full tax liability calculated.  But I have negative cash right now, literally, and I can't imagine there is no way whatsoever to get a payment extension....?

The extension is just to file the return.  Any tax due is due April 15 unless they extend it again this year.  Say you will mail a check and pay when you can.  

I appreciate your answer, but again this is vague:

"mail in a check and pay when you can"

Is this full amount due on April 15 ("mail in a check") or is it due/can i get it due at a later date ("pay when you can")

If you pay after April 15 they will send you a bill for interest.  You can request an installment plan.  I don't know how that works.  Maybe when you file at the end it will give you that option.

Forgot I had the Turbo Tax FAQ for that.  I'm tired

How to pay a federal tax due

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/how-can-i-pay-my-federal-taxes/00/26212

4868 is "request for extension of time to file" you must pay by April 15, so estimate high if you are not sure of the amount.

if your payment with form 4868 makes your payments by April 15 at least 90% of your final tax due, there will not be a penalty.

you can request an installment plan when you file, but it is not an extension of time to pay. you still pay any penalty and the interest charged to your balance until it is paid off.