I have my receipt with a charitable tax ID number on it where do I put the number?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If it's not a special form , for something like the donation of a car......You usually don't need it unless the IRS comes back to you in the next few years and an challenges some charity deductions you made.   

For donations of items (clothes , cameras, kitchenware..etc), the tax software may ask you for the address of the charity at some point during the interview.  

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*