Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darlour

I have form 1099-nec which is a bonus from the local Lafourche Parish School board. Where do I enter this income? It's not self employment

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I have form 1099-nec which is a bonus from the local Lafourche Parish School board. Where do I enter this income? It's not self employment

Are you an employee of the Lafourche Parish School Board? Did you also get a W-2 from them?

What is the bonus for? Why did you get it?

do you get a w-2? if so, who's is the employer on the w-2?   the 1099-NEC would indicate to the IRS that this is SE income. however, it is wrong for any employer to issue a w-2 to an employee but put a bonus on a 1099-NEC thus evading its fair share of employment taxes and putting 100% of the burden on the employee.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you got the 1099-NEC from an employer that also gave you a W-2, there is a way to avoid paying the self-employment tax. If that is your situation, I will give you the details of how to enter it in TurboTax. So please answer the questions I asked in my first reply above.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies