justinasuarez

I have filed my taxes. I was not able to e-file, I did mail file. Does that mean I have to print my return then send it to the IRS in order to get my refund?

If you do not e-file then the only way for it to reach the IRS is if you put it in an envelope and take it to a mailbox.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

When you mail your tax return, wait about 4 weeks and then check the IRS site: 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

(Keep a copy of the return for your own records)

mesquitebean

Why did you choose to print and mail instead of efiling?    If you haven't already mailed, we may be able to help you efile your return, which is usually the better and faster choice.

Why could you not efile?  Were some of your forms in your Federal or state returns not yet ready?   Did you get any error messages?   When you go through the REVIEW tab does it tell you anything about not being able to efile?