Solved: I have disc Tax Year 2018 to file but lost year 2017 when laptop went "Kaput". Can I download 2017 to add to 2018 on desktop (as I had done for every year before this)?

I have disc Tax Year 2018 to file but lost year 2017 when laptop went "Kaput". Can I download 2017 to add to 2018 on desktop (as I had done for every year before this)?

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

You can also get free transcripts of your federal return from the IRS - http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Are ;you asking about replacing the tax program on your computer or the tax return that you filed?

The 2017 Tax Return that I filed and which appears as an Icon on my desktop.

It is the program software that appears as an icon on your desktop not your tax return. You access your tax return (tax data file) by opening the tax program using the icon or you can see the files in the turbotax folder in documents. The program software will not do you any good without the tax data file ending in .tax2017 that you prepared with it.