I have a single member llc. Do I have until April 18th to file an extension? When is the earliest I can file an extension for the business and our personal taxes?

Yes, you have until April 18, 2016 to file an extension.  You can file your extension (Form 4868) at anytime on your own or with TurboTax starting March 18, 2016.  

Additional Information: 

• If you have a Single Member LLC (SMLLC), you do not need to file a separate federal extension for this LLC.  You individual extension covers your requirement for extending your LLC as well.
  • Some states do require that you file a separate state return for your SMLLC.  For example California requires that SMLLCs file Form 568.  In this case the CA SMLLC would need to pay the amount due on the Form 568 by April 18, 2016.  This could be done by using California Form 3537.  You'll need to check with your state to verify their extension requirement for your SMLLC.
  • Please be aware that an extension to file is never an extension of time to pay.  If you have a tax due, you'll need to pay this amount before April 18, 2016.  
  • Instructions on how to file Form 4868 using TurboTax are listed below.