jschmitz

I have a signed 8332 form allowing me to claim my son- do I need to scan this in before I complete my return with you? Or does this get mailed?

AnnS7

You will need to mail in the original signed Form 8332 and Form 8453.

You must mail a copy of IRS Form 8453 and the original signed Form 8332 (it's a good idea to retain a copy for your records) within 3 business days after the IRS has accepted your return. 

Once you indicate in TurboTax that you have a Form 8332, a Form 8453 will generate for printing.  You can also print a copy of Form 8453 here: IRS Form 8453.  Fill out the top portion and make sure to check the box to the left of Form 8332, Release/Revocation of Release of Claim to Exemption for Child by Custodial Parent.

Mail both forms to:

Internal Revenue Service
Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254
Receipt and Control Branch
Austin, TX 73344-0254

AnnS7

Mail both forms to:

Internal Revenue Service
Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254
Receipt and Control Branch
Austin, TX 73344-0254