nickdevo_11

I have a question regarding a tax return I have already filed. I did my taxes on Monday, filed. I live in WI but work in MN. For some reason it did not have me file WI on Monday, but now it says my WI

nickdevo_11

My entire question wasn’t posted here’s the rest:

it is now allowing me to file Wisconsin, and says it is started. TurboTax says I have tax credits available. I am wondering if that even matters if I didn’t have WI income, or if my federal can even change at this point since it is already filed?

Thanks!

JeffreyR77

Your return has been submitted to TurboTax.  This is the same as putting it in the mail to the IRS.

The IRS will begin accepting Federal returns for processing on the 12th.  At that time your return will either be accepted or rejected. 

If it is rejected, you will have the opportunity to make changes to it before resubmitting it. 

If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return to make any changes to it once it has been accepted by the IRS.  

The same holds true for your state returns.