Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have a question Don't understand the consent. Do we need to sign it to file or what?

This form is (1) designed to mislead and (2) placed right at the start of the tax completion process, which wastes time and goodwill.  I have just wasted 30 minutes trying to understand it.

You do NOT need to give Intuit permission to try and sell you other products - which you may not need - in order to complete your tax return. 

If, like me, you don't want your tax data used for marketing, enter your name, today's date, click the "DECLINE" button.  Unfortunately you will still need to decline Turbotax's repeated attempts to try and get you to pay more money again and again throughout the process.

davidyang

I have a question Don't understand the consent. Do we need to sign it to file or what?

Is there a way to withdrawal consent??

I signed the consent for sharing with 3rd parties, because I was mislead into thinking it was neccessary to e-file.. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

There is no option to revoke the permission once it has been given. The consent is automatically revoked after 1 year. 

Please let us know if we can further assist you. @davidyang 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also gave the consent because I was mislead.

Some support say clear and start over. Some users said that didn't work.

Isn't it illegal to make users sign something and not even show what they signed? Even support person on call couldn't tell me what I signed. In NJ you can back out of contracts in 3 biz days. This looks really bad if not illegal.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies