Solved: I have 7 w2s, one grandchild to claim and owe IRS $1200 from a years back. Can I file my own taxes

I have 7 w2s, one grandchild to claim and owe IRS $1200 from a years back. Can I file my own taxes

Ye, you can.  Enter each W-2 one at a time--after each one click Add W-2 until all of them have been entered.  

To claim a grandchild as your dependent

When you enter the child’s name in Personal Info, you will be asked “What’s your relationship to  [child’s name]?”  

Choose “another person”

a drop down menu will appear that lets you choose grandchild

If you owe back taxes, you do not enter anything on your tax return about that.  The IRS knows.  They will subtract the amount you owe from any tax refund you are getting, and send you a letter about that a few weeks later.

To claim a grandchild as your dependent

Choose “another person”

Just thought of this---are all of those W-2's from 2018?  You cannot use an old W-2 from a different year on a 2018 tax return.

Yes

Ok--good --just making sure!