I had to send 8949 paper forms with form 8453 to t...

I had to send 8949 paper forms with form 8453 to the IRS, after e-filing. I e-filed for my state (New York) - do I also have to send NY the 8949 forms and how to do this?

The NY e-filing does already include the Schedule D and a 8949 summary statement, but does not include a list of many transactions (which I need to include for the federal return since there is no associated 1099).

DO NOT send in the 8949 forms that the IRS is already getting with the return ... if you only entered summaries then you must send them a copy of the 1099-B from the broker with the 8453   IF  they are in the same format as the 8949(which most are).  

Thank you for your reply! We did not get 1099-B forms, so we do need to send the 8949 forms, is my understanding from the IRS. Turbotax wrote "see statement" on the summary sheet that was e-filed, which I assume to be the 8949-style forms we are sending in.