Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

carol-zeneberg
Returning Member

I had filed my mom's taxes on Turbo Tax but she has since passed so now I want to file my taxes on Turbo Tax but it keeps bringing up my mom's info. What do I do?

How do I file another person's taxes on my account?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I had filed my mom's taxes on Turbo Tax but she has since passed so now I want to file my taxes on Turbo Tax but it keeps bringing up my mom's info. What do I do?

You cannot.  Online accounts are only good for ONE tax return.  Additional returns require a new account with a different ID and password.   Any attempt to enter another persons information  will overwrite and destroy the first making it impossible to ever print a copy or amend if necessary.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
carol-zeneberg
Returning Member

But if she has been dead since 2019 and I printed out her tax form, does it even matter if I overwrite with my information?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

For your individual taxes, you would want to start over with a new account. Please see the FAQ link posted below for assistance. Please let us know if this helps:

How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies