Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ralooba

I had another person prepare my 2023 tax information, but they ran out of licenses. They sent me the .tax2023 file and I don't see how to import it into TurboTax Online.

Trying to get it filed since I got an extension until next month.  Wasn't sure if I need to purchase the desktop version or if it would work with online.  I see how to import 2022 .tax file data and how to import documents like w-2's, but don't see where I can load 2023 data and finalize.  Thanks
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I had another person prepare my 2023 tax information, but they ran out of licenses. They sent me the .tax2023 file and I don't see how to import it into TurboTax Online.

If you have a .tax2023 or .tax2022 file you need to have the Desktop program for that year to open it.  You can transfer a .tax2022 file into the 2023  Online version but you would have to start 2023 over.

You can buy the 2023 Desktop CD or the Download program here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download

Then After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW). Enter some basic information, then go to the state tab and download the state program. Then try to open your existing return, go to FILE - OPEN

Or you could  get the print out from your friend and mail your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies