skotjohnson

I had $274 of net Uber earnings in 2017 and don't want to report in on a Sch C or 2106. How can I simply enter it as 'other income'?

PaulaM

The proper place for it is on a schedule C, however $274 is not enough income to owe self-employment taxes so you could list it on line 21 (other income) of the 1040. Self-employment taxes would be owed on net income of $400 or more.

It looks like you are using TurboTax Premier. Premier will allow you to create a simple schedule C for reporting income only. You would need TurboTax Self-Employed version if you wish to take expenses against the income.

PaulaM