tomgrothe

I got this notification in my email: You have an Identity Protection notification Do I need to do something?

tagteam

mesquitebean

@tomgrothe 

In a user forum we members of the community won't know if an email is legitimate or a scam.  You should treat it with caution until that's determined.  So don't click on links or download any attachment until you get more info and can verify the legitimacy.  Champ Tagteam left a contact method for TurboTax Support above if you need them to guide you.

You didn't mention "whom" the email was from.   I'm wondering if it is this:

Did you purchase any add-on package, such as MAX Benefits or Premium Services Bundle?  (the latter is for California filers).   If so, those add-ons include ID theft monitoring services from IDnotify in addition to the audit defense features.

FAQ:  Who is IDnotify and what is their relationship to TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/idnotify-relations...