crissygilltreadw

I got married in 2017

I got married in 2017 and have the items needed to change my ss card and driver's license with my state. I have already e filed my 2016 taxes and they are processing. Should I wait until I receive my refund before making the changes?

Howard1948

I got married in 2017

It is probably prudent to wait.  The SSA provides the IRS with name change information but it usually takes a while for it to happen.  Since you will only have to wait a few weeks, why take the chance that this time they were efficient?

Howard1948

I got married in 2017

SherekaB

I got married in 2017

Wait until they have been Accepted and you have been refunded and then you will be good to change everything.