turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wally8313

I did my taxes for 2017 on turbo tax and I printed out stubs to pay 2018 taxes through out the year. Will I get charged again for the 2018 year if I use turbo tax?

Sorry 2018.....not this year.

I did my taxes for 2017 on turbo tax and I printed out stubs to pay 2018 taxes through out the year. Will I get charged again for the 2018 year if I use turbo tax?

Do you see this screen?

wally8313

Yeah I went to that but once I get in there are various options none of which fit me. Mine wasn't an extension. What to choose once I am in there?
wally8313

I got it.....I believe I went into income taxes paid but okay....I am very thankful! Could not have done it without your help and yes I feel really stupid.
HelenaC

Yes, if you paid your 2017 tax and then made estimated tax payments, to the state, for 2018, the state will "catch it" and you'll get credit for the $182 payments. You basically have an "account" with your state and any money you pay via payroll and estimated taxes gets recorded and then as you do your income taxes, the money gets applied.

If you didn't enter your 2018 estimated state taxes, on your 2018 income tax return, you'll probably get a letter from the state that the amount reflected on your income tax return does not match their records. I live in IL and when I got my letter, it asked if I wanted to get a refund or apply the over payment to 2019.

If you owe taxes, they'll apply it to the amount owed and send you correspondence stating that, so you could correct your tax records.

Related information:

[Edited 3-14-19|4:34 am PST]

Then the next screen should be this one.  Nothing about extensions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies