I got an IP PIN in June 2020 after filing my paper...

udaikumar26

I got an IP PIN in June 2020 after filing my paper return earlier in march 2020. What should i do now? Do I need to take any action?

macuser_22

Nothing.   If you paper filed then you cannot also e-file.

Per the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Paper Tax Returns: All taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider or IRS Free File if possible. The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your Economic Impact Payment. Paper returns will be processed   once processing centers are able to reopen. This year, more than 90% of taxpayers have filed electronically.

fanfare

Did you get an IP PIN after requesting that your IP PIN be resent to you ?

udaikumar26

No. That is not the case. Around January/February I reported the IRS (using Form 14039) that I am a victim of identity theft. And then I filed my paper return in march 2020. Now I got an IP PIN in June 2020.

fanfare

as noted above there's nothing you need to do but wait.

IRS may contact you and ask you to call in and recite that IP PIN.