rapozarobb

I got advice on how to enter last years tax estimate. I am due a refund but the State is applying the entire amount to this year. How do I stop it from happening?

Hawaii is my State

ChelseaS

Start or edit your Hawaii return. Continue through the return until you come to the page, "Apply refund to 2017 Hawaii Estimated Taxes" select Yes and the next page will ask you how much you want to apply (screenshot attached). To stop this from happening remove the amount in this box and continue through the return.

Go back through the return one more time. Now, select No on the page "Apply refund to 2017 Hawaii Estimated Taxes" You should now be able to see your entire refund amount in the TurboTax State Refund Meter.

ChelseaS