turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from IRS with phone number to call to confirm my identity. Is this a legitimate request? The number to call is [removed]

I received a 5071c letter after the deadline set in the letter.  They say I need a mortgage or car loan account number and I don't have those kinds of accounts.  Would they accept a debit card account?  I'm scared because I haven't received any of the stimulus checks yet but I was out of work for 5 months and need the money.

I got a letter from IRS with phone number to call to confirm my identity. Is this a legitimate request? The number to call is [removed]

I got the letter, attempted to confirm online. However it stated that my credit and student loans numbers didn’t match. After checking and re-checking, I decided to just call and have been calling everyday for a at least a month and a half & can never get through. It has for sure been past the 30 day mark since receiving the letter but what am I supposed to do if no one answers the phone !? I’m tired of hearing the same old automated call -__-

—UPDATE—

I tried the call steps listed and got through to someone but they just told me that they couldn’t help me and that I needed to call the number on the form so… Yeah 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies