Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

afigrace

I got a Form 1095-A from Health Insurance Marketplace. I didn't work in 2022 because of surgery. Do I need to file tax for 2022?

Do I need to file taxes?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I got a Form 1095-A from Health Insurance Marketplace. I didn't work in 2022 because of surgery. Do I need to file tax for 2022?

Yes, you need to report the Form 1095-A on your federal tax return.

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

You do not need to file if you made no money, including from investments and unemployment insurance or any source. But, it could be better if you did to show continuity for filing taxes.

Yes, you will need to file. there might be adjustments to your payment on the health insurance depending on eligibility such as your other income etc.

The IRS has a copy of the Form 1095-A and expects the 1095-A and Form 8962 to be reported by the taxpayer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies