Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mittmagg

I got a 1099misc for 700.00$ and don’t know what it means didn’t work for anyone.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I got a 1099misc for 700.00$ and don’t know what it means didn’t work for anyone.

Are you in California!  That is probably the CA Middle Class Tax Refund .

Enter the CA Middle Class Tax Rebate on a 1099Misc and put the amount in box 3. It will show up as Other Income on Schedule 1 line 8z and also as a separate negative amount to zero it out.

Go to Federal > Wages & Income, you might need to continue though the general screens.
When you come to the Wages - Your Income screen click on Add Income or
scroll down to Other Common Income, then 1099Misc.
Put the amount in box 3 and follow the prompts.

The next screen says…..
Do any of the uncommon situations apply? In my Desktop program the 3rd item listed is California Middle Class Tax Refund.

When you click on that then at the bottom it will say....The California Middle Class Tax Refund (MCTR) will not be taxable on your California or federal returns. It will show up as Other Income on Schedule 1 line 8z and also as a separate negative amount to zero it out.

On my 1040 schedule 1 line 8z it is now labeled CA payment 700 and the next line it says CA payment - general welfare exclusion -700.  So a net 0.

You don't have to do anything on the California return.  It will be excluded automatically.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies