Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a 1095-A form. On my form every box in “Part III” says 0.00 except for December part A. TurboTax won’t let me put 0 for part B. What can I do? I

I tried using the website provided to calculate my SLCSP and with the number I got I put it in Part B for December while leaving the rest of Part B blank. It lets me move on but near the end it takes me back to review it. I put in the same number and it won’t let me continue.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

I got a 1095-A form. On my form every box in “Part III” says 0.00 except for December part A. TurboTax won’t let me put 0 for part B. What can I do? I

If you are not claiming any premium tax credit and there was no advanced premium tax credits, then you do not need to enter your 1095A on your tax return.  Typically, zeros in columns B and C indicate this situation.  Here is the form 8962 instructions for reference. (See Who must file on page 2).  

If you wish to claim a premium tax credit, then you will need to add $1 in column C to see if you qualify.  If you qualify, a premium tax credit will show up on schedule 3, line 9 which flows to form 1040, line 31.  You can preview those forms in online products with the steps below to check for the credit. 

1. Select "Tax Tools" in the left hand menu
2. Select "Tools"
3. Select "View Tax Summary"
4. Select "Preview My 1040" in the left hand menu

If you do not qualify for a premium tax credit then revisit the "Medical>Affordable Care Act (1095A)" topic and answer "No" you are not entering a form 1095A.  Then, you need to delete the form 8962 and 1095A that were started in your return using the steps below in online products.

1. Select "Tax Tools" in the left hand menu
2. Select "Tools"
3. Select "Delete a Form"
4. Find the 8962 and 1095A 
5. "Delete" each
6. "Confirm Deletion" for each

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies