melmada2

I filled my tax return for the first time with TurboTax and everything was easy to understand but I'm not sure how I claimed EIC and I don't have children. help please

is EIC meant only for people with kids and how does it work? thanks

IsabellaG

If you are between 25 and 65 years old, and your income is no more than $14880 ($20430 if married filing a joint return) and You resided in the United States for more than half of the year; AND You cannot be claimed as a dependent or qualifying child on anyone else's return, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Credit.

See this link: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/do-i-qualify-for-earned-...

IsabellaG

melmada2

Thank you so much
IsabellaG

You're welcome!