• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melmada2

I filled my tax return for the first time with TurboTax and everything was easy to understand but I'm not sure how I claimed EIC and I don't have children. help please

is EIC meant only for people with kids and how does it work? thanks
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

I filled my tax return for the first time with TurboTax and everything was easy to understand but I'm not sure how I claimed EIC and I don't have children. help please

If you are between 25 and 65 years old, and your income is no more than $14880 ($20430 if married filing a joint return) and You resided in the United States for more than half of the year; AND You cannot be claimed as a dependent or qualifying child on anyone else's return, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Credit.

See this link: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/do-i-qualify-for-earned-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

If you are between 25 and 65 years old, and your income is no more than $14880 ($20430 if married filing a joint return) and You resided in the United States for more than half of the year; AND You cannot be claimed as a dependent or qualifying child on anyone else's return, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Credit.

See this link: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/do-i-qualify-for-earned-...

View solution in original post

melmada2

Thank you so much
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v