turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed together with my husband who owed back support. We got our tax return taken so a month ago i filed an injured spouse form. Will i get my stimulus check taken and my kids or will just my husban

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

I filed together with my husband who owed back support. We got our tax return taken so a month ago i filed an injured spouse form. Will i get my stimulus check taken and my kids or will just my husban

It depends when IRS processed the injured spouse form and how stimulus payments will be handled in this instance.

We are still waiting for updated on information from IRS on the Stimulus payments and how various situations will be handled for payments.  

I recommend that if if your portion of the stimulus payment is taken that you contact IRS directly at 1-800-829-1040.

Here is a link for the latest Stimulus payment updates:  Covid-19 Updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Called that number for same reason and it says they are overloaded with calls and no one will be available to talk to at all. 

@Djim85  thank you for the link but that does not help individuals who filed injured spouse with their taxes.  This is only something so the collections companies can't take the money. 

@bencakjade93  The money will be taken. Most of us filed the injured spouse form with 2018 &  2019 taxes.  Most have received the tax refund but the stimulus payment has been taken by Child Support. We all are waiting on IRS to correct this. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies