Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed returns to Fed and state using turbotax. I need to file in additional form 3520 which is not supported in turbotax. Need to file extension until help is available

Am I still ok to file for extension after the submission for Fed and State was accepted.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I filed returns to Fed and state using turbotax. I need to file in additional form 3520 which is not supported in turbotax. Need to file extension until help is available

If the returns have been filed and accepted, there is no need for an extension.  

To file an extension for Form 3520-A, download Form 7004 from the IRS and paper file the extension. Form 7004 is also available for any of the business entities in the application (1041, 1065, 1120), however, currently, you can't generate Form 7004 with a code 27 for Form 3520-A.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi, 

Thank you for your response.

1. Why do I not need an extension as I have not filed 3520?

2. Since I am already using turbo tax, could I file for extension online using turbo tax or do I need to send in a physical 7004 copy and get an extension.

Please help with the above

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I'm not sure I understand your follow-up questions. Cynthiad66 has already answered those questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies