Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes turbo tax took my state taxes, and their fees, not my federal but turbo tax showed that my federal tax was paid and not my state?

The day that I filed them my bank account show that the amount for my state taxes was taken out and so was their $133 fees. It showed on the app that my federal taxes were paid and just not my state taxes. Everytime I tried getting an answer from the app everything lagged and none of the support pages were opening. Now I have gotten a letter from the IRS saying that they never received my payment for my federal taxes. What happened?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed my taxes turbo tax took my state taxes, and their fees, not my federal but turbo tax showed that my federal tax was paid and not my state?

I would double check your bank account.   There's no way the state would take it out that fast.  Just the Turbo Tax fees.  And better double check your bank routing number and bank account number with your bank.  Sounds like the federal and state couldn't take it out so now it's late.  Some banks use different routing numbers for payments and deposits.   Check the instruction sheets and see how you selected to pay it.  Maybe you were supposed to pay by check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies