turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes and had to keep sending because of AGI. The rejection code is IND 163. Do you know if they may be lifted so I can file electronically

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my taxes and had to keep sending because of AGI. The rejection code is IND 163. Do you know if they may be lifted so I can file electronically

Looks like you have to print and mail it now.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6501369

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Looks like you have to print and mail it now.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6501369

morben95

I had the same problem and not sure if there is a solution :( Did you ever find one?

Mine had the rejection code after the first time I tried filing it. I have tried at least 6 times now and I don't do the mail option because of people stealing tax documents through the mail.

You should take it into the post office in person and get a tracking number so you know the IRS got it.
cooleye74

I also got code IND-163 in TurboTax (while filing my 2017 return). I have never had this problem in all the years i have filed electronically. I never changed my code and the same self directed PIN was the same that i have used for the last few years. I checked my AIG on the latest copy I have of my 2016 return and it was correct. What is the problem TurboTax? It says it was rejected because of "multiple" times....but i just filed today (the first time) and it rejected it. How can it be multiple times on the first time??

UPDATE: 2/12/18 - I was never able to resolve this. Over more than a few days I tried resubmitting. I ended up mailing in my taxes (for the first time in many many years). Still have no clue what is going on and if it is a TurboTax issue or an IRS (or both). Either way, paying that much money for software that does not produce the end result (filing your taxes electronically) is ridiculous. I had to pay out more money to send off the taxes (and have it tracked so the USPS does not lose it).

Exactly, something is going on
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies