Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coley875

I filed my tax return in February and I downloaded the pdf and today I downloaded a new one and it is completely different and it has a adjustment for unemployment why

I haven't received my unemployment tax break refund yet but here it looks like I should be getting one because I filed before the new stimulus bill happened
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my tax return in February and I downloaded the pdf and today I downloaded a new one and it is completely different and it has a adjustment for unemployment why

TurboTax was updated for the American Rescue Plan Act. What you see in TurboTax now is your tax return including the addition of the unemployment exclusion. 

TurboTax assumes the IRS will send you the adjustment as an additional refund, so the new PDF is correct. As Champ @DoninGA said, the IRS will send you a tax refund based on the exclusion if you are eligible. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The IRS will process the unemployment compensation exclusion and send you a tax refund based on the exclusion if you are eligible.

Go to this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-begins-correcting-tax-returns-for-unemployment-compensation-income-...

TurboTax was updated for the American Rescue Plan Act. What you see in TurboTax now is your tax return including the addition of the unemployment exclusion. 

TurboTax assumes the IRS will send you the adjustment as an additional refund, so the new PDF is correct. As Champ @DoninGA said, the IRS will send you a tax refund based on the exclusion if you are eligible. 

coley875

Oh OK I was so confused why I had two different ones. So the newer one is the updated version of my return. Thank you very helping me out. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies